To migrate your existing community members to Tribe using our API, follow the steps below:
1. Authentication: there are several ways to authenticate using Tribe's API. To learn more about authentication, please refer to our article “Authentication using Tribe API” by clicking here.
2. Access Token: once your API access access is authenticated, it will generate an access token.
3. Add Access Token to Header: once you have the access token, copy it and add it to the header. Please find the format below:
Key Value Authorization Bearer<space> Insert generated access token
4. Add JSON Parameters: Once added, please move to the “raw” section under Body and select JSON format. Once selected, add the following parameters in JSON format:
"name":"Name of the user",
"confirmpassword": "repeatpassword" }
Some of the other fields that you can add are as follows:
Parameter Type Description Required
String The ID of user in the external service
String The role of the user. Can be
String The source of the user (e.g. API, SSO, Google, etc.)
Can be used for analytics.
Please note that here are the criteria for the password-creation for the new users.
Password must contain at least 3 of the following: lowercase, uppercase, alphabetic, numeric, special symbols.
5. POST: Select “POST” as the request type and insert “https://Your-community-URL/api/v1/users” (Replace “Your-community-URL” with your own community URL)
6. Validate: Once you hit send it will create a user for you with the status “200 OK”
If you receive an error code, you can read about it, here.
To learn about several other API endpoints, please click here.
Got any questions? Send us a message at [email protected], or use the bottom right hand corner widget to start a conversation!