Tribe offers deep integration with Google Analytics. By enabling this integration, all the community event details can be passed to Google Analytics and community managers can generate valuable insights on how the members interact with the community.
You can track:
- How your community traffic trends over time.
- How long your users spend on different topics.
- How many posts they read in a session.
- What are the popular community activities.
- What websites they come from, and more.
How to install Google Analytics on your community
To integrate with Google Analytics, log in with your admin account and follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Admin Panel
- Click on Apps on the left navigation bar
- Install the Google Analytics App
- Insert Tracking ID
If you do not know your google Analytics tracking ID, click here for the instructions.
How to create views on Google Analytics for your community
If you are running your community on a subdomain (e.g., subdomain.domain.com), you can use the following filter to create a view for your community.
Learn more about creating view on Google Analytics from the official help center.
How community events appear in Google Analytics
Given below are the events sent to Google Analytics:
1. Event category
Event actions for "User" category
2. Event category
Event actions for "Answer" category
3. Event category
Event actions for "Question" category
4. Event category
Event actions for "Topic" category
5. Event category
Event actions for "Comment" category
6. Event category
Event actions for "Post" category
7. Event category
Event actions for "Group" category
8. Event category
Event actions for "App" category
How to create dashboards quickly
You can use the templates created by Tribe for for Google Analytics and Google Data Studio to build your community dashboards.
Importing from Google Analytics library
Access the Google Analytics Solutions Gallery.
Note that we have shared three dashboards based on the following categories for metrics:
- Community growth
- Content and members
Once you are on Solutions Gallery, click on the 'Import' button.
6. Select the view that tracks your community and click on 'Create'. Now, you will be redirected to the dashboard in Google Analytics.
7. Repeat this step for all of the three dashboards for growth, engagement, and content and members.
8. Once importing is done, you should be able to access the dashboards in the "Customization" section of Google Analytics.
Replicating the Google Data Studio dashboard template
Build reporting dashboards simply by copying the templates created by Tribe:
1. Click here to access the template.
2. Click on the copy button on the top right.
3. In case you don't have any account on Data Studio, you will be asked to create one.
4. Once your account is created, click on "CREATE NEW DATA SOURCE".
5. Now select 'Google Analytics'.
5. Finally select the Google Analytics view dedicated to your community and click on "Copy Report".
Now your report is ready with visualizations. You can completely customize the report by changing and adding new charts. You can also add and merge data from other sources (e.g., CRM app) to gain more context.
Note that this report has the following three sections: Growth, Content, and Engagement. You can access these sections from the top left.